The Little Book of Being Brilliant (Book by Andy Cope)
As a seasoned author, Andy is going to extraordinary lengths to avoid 'Deja Moo' - the feeling that you've heard all this bull-shit before. He describes the new book thus: 'I'm a big Led Zep fan but I don't want their entire back catalogue because some of the early stuff makes my ears bleed. Ditto 'positive psychology'.
There's an awful lot of content out there so this is my Greatest Hits CD. The very best bits from the fields of wellbeing and happiness, with no filler.'The book will contain the very latest from the science of positive psychology, including insights from his own research, plus an array of material begged, borrowed and 'rehashed' from academia and self-help. Andy's specialisms of attitudinal choice, emotional contagion, resilience, goal-setting and strengths will shine through, as will his stories, energy and humour.
The book is designed to provoke thought as well as action. As such, there will be activities to complete and 'homework' that challenges readers to embed new ways of thinking. Most of all, the reader can expect quirkiness and fun.
The content will include some or all of:
- Why happiness is the biggest mis-selling scandal of all time
- Why most people are a million miles away from feeling as great as they could
- Happiness lessons from around the world
- The absolute truth about money and happiness
- Small changes that will super-charge your career
- Why zebras don't get ulcers
- Why you should stick up for Mondays
- How to create a 25th hour
- How to cure road rage (and all other types of rage)
- Top tips so you can feel amazing, often against the odds
- The cheat's guide to positive parenting
- How to win the lottery guaranteed
- 240 pages